Saturday, October 04, 2008

Cactus & Succulent Show & Sale in Santa Clara...

I made plans earlier this week to go to the Cactus & Succulent Society of San Jose Show & Sale in Santa Clara... and since my Aunts, Uncle and Grandma live there, I thought it would be nice to bring my Mom and go visit them and make a day of it in Santa Clara. Initially, I didn't feel like going anymore, because I just wanted to mope around because on Marty's was euthanize yesterday :( But, I already made plans with my Mom and the trip was more for her than me... but I figured, it'll be good to take my mind off of yesterday.

My Mom wanted to bring some bags of crushed aluminum cans that we have been saving to Santa Clara, since they can be recycled there for more money than her in Vallejo... so I started the day by loading my car with 6 large bags of cans. We then set of to Santa Clara.

When we got there, my relatives were not home, so I called them and they were eating at Chipotle... so we drove over and joined them. Once we finished lunch, I asked them it they also wanted to go to the Cactus sale and they said why not, so we headed over there. They said the venue was just blocks from the cemetery that my Grandfather was buried at, so we stop by there to visit his grave.

The Cactus Sale was held at a middle school hall and was smaller compared to the other Cactus sales I've been to, but it was nice to have my Mom and relatives accompany me. I ended up buying four plants: a Penis Cactus, a Kalanchoe, a Plectranthus and a Tephrocactus. I'll have to check the species later and take some photos. My Aunts actually bought more Cactus and succulents than I did :O

Afterwards, we went back to their house and they showed us their garden and the cement work they have been doing the past few months. We also played with their dogs, watched TV and rested before going out for dinner at a burger place called Kirk's something.

It was a pretty cool day in Santa Clara. It was good to spend time with relative and take my Mom out.

No comments: