Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Saddened


Saddened, originally uploaded by joeysplanting.

My cat Lil Blackie is still at the vets while they are trying to determine exactly what's wrong with her. I've been visiting her everyday since Saturday and took this photo of her on my last visit.

Since my last post about Lil Blackie, the vets noticed that her intestine seemed thicken, so they did some ultrasound and a fine needle-something (to get a sample... and suspect that she does have some sort of cancer, most probably Lymphoma. I asked the vet if the disease that Lil Blackie and Marty had/have are related and she told me that it is not contagious and not related... it's just a coincidence that both had this one after the other.

Although they are giving her antibiotics, the vet did not recommend any medication until we know definitely what she has... then we can peruse two paths, a more aggressive (with a life expectancy of 12-18 months) or a more passive (with a life expectancy of 3-4 months).

I'm saddened... and wish I can take Lil Blackie home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear this, Joey. I will say a prayer. ***Paul***