Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lil Blackie is at the Vet


Lil Blackie at the Vet, originally uploaded by joeysplanting.

I'm sitting in my room now and I feel so alone. I kinda feel like I'm spending the night at someone else's place. I bought my cat Lil Blackie and she is spending the night there for examination.

Lil Blackie (approximately 16-17 years old) has been acting differently since Marty passed away and I'm sure she is missing Marty. She hasn't been eating much. She would occasionally eat "people food" like chicken or fish while I'm eating dinner, but lately, she won't eat anything.I've filled her food bowl about two weeks ago (after Marty passed away) and it is still more than half full. Also, Lil Blackie usually sleeps with me and lays near my tummy in bed, but the past few days, she's been staying on the floor... so I brought her to the vet to see if there is something physically wrong.

The vet said that the skin near her eye was jaundice (I forgot what that was a symptom of). The vet also felt something in her lower body, but it may just be a small bladder. He will do an ultrasound to check it out further. I'll find out more tomorrow... and I'm really hoping for the best...

No comments: